Friday, October 2, 2015

Luna's Blues

It's sad to admit, but my cats are not a good host and hostess and are less than subtle in their ways of showing their discontent.  Ralph and Celeste allow Luna out of her jail cell in the early morning to share some alone-time with Linda and then send her back to isolation.  They guard the hallway in the afternoon in case Luna tries to make a break for it.  Bessie Anne provides backup.  Luna has an assortment of little toys to keep her occupied, if not happy, and her favorite is Mr. Purple Head.  At one time or another, Luna's toys have been discovered throughout the house, stolen by my kleptos, including Bessie Anne.  When Mr. Purple Head disappeared, an all-out, top-to-bottom search of the house was undertaken until he was found.  Neither of the cats (nor Bess) would confess.  As a guest, Luna has her own litterbox in the guest bathroom.  Ralph and Celeste have their own box in the back bathroom.  Linda has had to scoop more than usual because my cats are leaving deposits in Luna's box, a rather explicit message.  Just in case there was any misunderstanding, yesterday Linda discovered that one of my felines had barfed in her shoe, the shoes she was going to wear to town.  I think they're trying to tell her something, and all I can do is apologize.

As expected, the goats were not pleased by the onset of rain.  It discombobulated the morning routine for all concerned.  They clustered together outside the playpen while I went about chores, waiting for me to leave so they could get under shelter.  There are other places to get in out of the rain, but they like the playpen best.

There is a covered portion of the deck with table and chairs.  It is a pleasant place to sit and enjoy the sound of rain dripping through the leaves of the sheltering oaks.  Bess lies with her head on the lower rail by my feet and watches the squirrels and turkeys go about their business below.

Sunset was not the only highlight of my day.  I got a message from Larry that he and my granddaughter Taylor are coming up tonight.  That makes my heart happy.

No comments: