Friday, May 25, 2018

Big Sister

Celeste is an affectionate big sister.  She spends a lot of time cuddled up napping with Ralph and they're never far apart from each other.  She is, however, just the least bit critical of her little brother.  He is pretty sloppy when it comes to the shared litter box, giving a few haphazard scratches and he's off again.  I can hear Celeste mumbling under her breath as she comes along behind him and does a thorough job of covering up for him.  She also thinks he's careless when it comes to self-grooming and will take Ralph's face in her paws and give him a good washing behind his ears.  She would have been a good mother.

The bed is pretty crowded these nights what with me, Bess, Ralph and Celeste, and now two piglets have joined us.  Like a little kid with a stuffed elephant or a favorite bankie, Celeste is bringing her toys to bed with her.

(Ralph evidently just went potty because Celeste has been scratching litter for the last five minutes.)

I was down at Wally World yesterday.  I'd put on a clean shirt, but was in the day's bibbies.  A clerk took a look at me and said, "I can check you out through the garden department if that's where you're parked."  I told her no thanks as the truck was just outside the front door.  She hurried off before I could say, "I raise goats, not plants," regardless of how I was dressed.  First impressions and all that.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Oh that was funny...goat lady and not plant lady. C'mon...you live in a rural area and I'm sure you aren't the only one who comes in in workday bibbies!