Thursday, May 24, 2018

That Was Different

I'm not the only older person who has goofy mealtimes.  I eat when I'm hungry, and who's to say I'm wrong.  It was fortunate yesterday that I decided on an early dinner because the day took a strange twist.  I was frying a hamburger patty with onions, a pat of butter, and a splash of balsamic vinegar when I noticed the flame was getting low toward the end of cooking.  Hmmm.  Turning the knob had no effect and finally there was no flame at all.  What the heck?!  Luckily, dinner was done.

In all the years I've lived here, I've never run out of propane gas.  I'm not on a set delivery schedule.  Whenever the guys are in the area, they stop by and top off the tank and that keeps the charges low (or as low as they get).  There was just enough time to call the company and find out what had gone wrong before they closed for the day.  The nice lady did some checking, explaining while she did that the office had gone through a shake-up and changes were being made.  It turned out that someone had put a "stop delivery" order on my account and there was no explanation.  I'd never missed a payment, I had not called in such an order, I'd been a customer for many, many years.  The only reason I could think of was that some disgruntled employee messed with the system to hurt the company before leaving.

Nice Lady said she would send someone out ASAP, for which I was grateful.  Michael showed up within the hour, filled the tank and relit all the pilot lights; stove, water heater, and downstairs fireplace.  I'm back in business!  (I would say I'm in hot water again, but that has a different connotation.)

I don't need that kind of excitement, but there was a happy ending.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Yep, another happy ending that could have turned out VERY differently. Glad you had an early dinner so you found out!