Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Watch Your Step

Ha Ha!  The WNTD list works!  I cleverly did not put laundry on the list because, of necessity, I had to wash some clothes and no, I did not consider that cheating.  Hey, my game, my rules.  It was a great satisfaction to cross off everything I did not do throughout the day.  I think I'm going to have to leave dusting off the list today; it's pretty bad when I can see Ralph's paw prints on the coffee table.

The ground at Farview is pockmarked with squirrel holes so it is important to watch where you step.  It's not just the holes you see; sometimes the little boogers make booby-trap tunnels that collapse and pitch you forward.  It might be my imagination, but I swear I can hear them snickering underground.

The weeds in the goat pen are up to my knees now and I high-step like a drum major on my way to the barn.  Trying to walk normally is impossible because the long, tough grasses bend over to trip me up.  The girls do make paths, but they walk single file and put one foot in front of the other so the path is only about four inches across.  While still comfortable, the weather is warming up and there are almost daily reports of rattlesnake sightings in the community.  With the weeds so high, I'm on constant alert for a snake in the grass.  I'm equally conscious when stepping into the barn.  It wouldn't be the first time one of those critters had come in.  I'm hoping that Missy has taken care of most of the food supply in there.

Speaking of Missy, she must have heard me say her name the other day because she was waiting in her room for breakfast and it was so nice to see that little girl.

It is almost daybreak and time to consider what to put on the list today.  I could get used to this.

No comments: