Monday, May 21, 2018

What Not To Do

I'm getting pretty tired of making To-Do lists in the morning and then beating myself up in the evening because so few items got crossed off during the day.  It's very discouraging and disheartening.  Of course, the list is easier to make the next day because so many things are still there.  I think I've thought of a solution.  I'm going to start making a list of What Not To Do Today.  Success will be measured by crossing off everything I didn't do.  I'll bet I get the gold star in no time at all.  Where there's a will, there's a way.

There were a few accomplishments yesterday, first and foremost being the odious paying of bills and the hummingbird feeders got filled.  It's unreal how fast those tiny guys can suck up two quarts of juice.  They zoomed around my head and were Johnny on the spot as soon as the bottles were hung.  Dusting, of course, did not get crossed off.  That will undoubtedly be the top entry on the What Not To Do list (if I ever get around to making it).

I had been getting worried about Missy.  Not only had I not seen her for several days, her food bowl had not been touched.  I'd gotten to the point of hoping some kind soul had taken her in as a permanent pet; alternative choices were just too grim.  I don't know where she's been, but most of her kibble was gone yesterday morning.  Whew.

I've been hearing Camille weed-eating like a madwoman down at her place this weekend.  That should be an incentive to me to get more done here, but just listening to her makes me tired.  Oh well.

No comments: