Tuesday, June 12, 2018

And So It Goes

It's no secret that going to town is not, repeat not, my favorite activity.  When absolutely required, I try to take care of as many errands on one trip as possible.  Glancing at the calendar yesterday, I realized there was a doctor's appointment on Wednesday.  Hmmm.  What on the list could I do without until Wednesday so as not to be running back and forth through the hills?  Turned out there was just one essential thing and I could get that at Mt. Aukum.  Honestly, I felt I'd dodged a bullet.

Definitely warmer yesterday, I loaded up Bess and we went down to the feed store.  Getting the A/C fixed in the truck was money well spent.  Bess does a good imitation of Checkpoint Charlie before I get back in, making sure I didn't forget her cookies.  It was a quick trip; I can handle that.

We hadn't been home long before the phone rang.  It was the doctor's office.  They needed to reschedule my appointment for nearly two weeks out.  Ratchafratch.  I'll still have to go to town for supplies this week, and now there's another trip on the calendar.  It's getting harder and harder to be a recluse.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Oh MAN...your BEST intentions foiled. And you actually looked at the calendar and planned it all out. Oh well!! Doc probably wanted to go on vacation. Tinka has yet to discover the joys of Amazon Prime, but I just placed a small order for her and voila, it will be there in 2 days...with no shipping costs to her. She had looked for a certain length and type of curtain rod at Lowe's and Walmart, and when they came up short...I found it easily online. I live very close to stores, but there are some errands even I don't want to run, and I just checked Amazon to see if I could add any of those little annoyances to an order that I needed to place for myself. Sorry you have to go to town again!!