Thursday, June 7, 2018

Not On The Move

This was Bessie Anne yesterday, almost all day yesterday, but it could easily be a selfie of me.  Kit was right, I'm only good for one day of activity in a row.   Bess must have been truly stressed to the point of trauma by her visit to the vet.  Even on a do-nothing day, I get my exercise by opening doors to let Bessie out and back in.  If I go out, she goes out.  Yesterday she went out only once.  She did not follow me from room to room.  She did not accompany me when I went to do goat chores.  By evening, I was getting worried, wondering if she'd had a reaction to the vaccines.  Happily, I can report she seems much more lively this morning and more like her old self.  (Me too.)

Just for the do-nothing days, I DVR a number of what I consider interesting programs and movies and hold them in reserve.  I was struck again by modern technology and absolutely love my remote control.  Back in the day, kids were the remote.  It is so great to fast-forward through commercials to maintain continuity and hit the pause button to answer a call of nature.  Even when watching a non-recorded program, I turn off the sound during a commercial, most of which are inane and geared to the lowest common denominator and just plain irritating.

We're due for a day in the low 70s, so I'd best get my rear in gear and get some mowing done today before we shoot up into the high 90s next week.  Aargh.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

So glad that the weather is cooperating when you have a mowing day, and glad that Bessie Anne is her old self again!!!