Sunday, June 3, 2018

Cat Antics

Still fairly early yesterday morning, Ralph's complaining caught my attention.  It seemed Celeste had claimed the only available patch of sunlight to warm her bum and he wanted it.  He tried to fit into a tiny spot on the floor by the door without success.  These kids crack me up.

I haven't seen Missy for a couple of days, but she's been busy.  I can't imagine how she does it, but she caught and killed another bird and left it in her room.  I'd much prefer that she would concentrate on the abundant ground squirrels now that she's cleared the barn of mice, etc., but they are either too much or not enough of a challenge for her.

Years ago we had a cat, Tag-Along Toolu, who was the most inefficient hunter ever.  There was a gopher hole in the backyard.  Toolu had good intentions, but there wasn't much hope of a kill when she would sit on the hole instead of watching it.

A couple of times now I've seen a calico cat in the front yard.  It runs away when it sees me, and that's fine with me.  Bessie Anne loves "her" kitties, but strangers are fair game and she's too old now to give chase.  I don't want her to have a heart attack.  Yesterday morning the calico was cruising the deck.  What cheek!  Fortunately, Bess's eyesight is so poor now that she didn't see it.

I just felt the softest touch on my shoulder, Ralph's way of saying he'd like some attention and possibly to come over from the bed and sit on my lap.  I can't imagine a life without a dog and cat(s) in it.

No comments: