Monday, June 11, 2018

Another Day At The Races

Man oh man, I'm on a roll here.  My pick, Justify, won the Triple Crown, and yesterday my guy Bowyer won the NASCAR race in Michigan.  Of course, I've gotten nothing done for two days and I'm going to run out of the great weather we've been having.  Oh well, one does have priorities, you know.

When the Kids were small and the last of something needed to be divided between two of them, I'd say, "Okay, you get to cut (serve, break, whatever), but the other one gets first pick."  Not that one would intentionally cheat to get a bigger portion, but that evened the playing field.  Ralph reminds me of the Kids.  When he and Celeste are getting treats, he has to check out the size of her portion.  I swear he counts the number of nibbles she has before he starts in on his own.  Sibling rivalry is no different between species.

Like it or not (not), I have to town today.  If I thought my winning streak would hold, I'd buy a Lottery ticket.  Maybe I'd best not push my luck.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Oh CONGRATS to Bowyer! And yes, let's see how we can make your winning streak a Trifecta. I guess if your trip to town is a good one, that will do!