Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Where's Waldo?

With the advent of warmer weather (upper 80s does not yet qualify as hot, but close), Bessie Anne plays her own version of hide-and-seek, known in this house as Where's Waldo.  My little constant companion and I are rarely more than a few feet apart.  She can be sound asleep, but if I walk out of the room, she wakes up and follows.  She moves around the living room, sometimes lying on her "pillow" by my feet, sometimes on one or the other couch, and sometimes asking for a boost into the recliner, but always nearby.  If I look around and she's not in one of her hangouts, I get a little concerned.  Did she go outside and not come back in?  Maybe she went down the hall to get a drink of water.  Hmmm.  And then I'll hear her sigh or move in her sleep.  She has gone into hiding in what must be a cool spot on the hearthstone behind Stove.  Ah yes, it's all coming back to me now.  We're going into summer mode.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen Celeste's favorite pink piglet, Waldo, in a couple of weeks.  She's probably moved him to the cooler downstairs for the duration.

No comments: