Friday, June 22, 2018

Glad Tidings

I've seen more doctors in the past two years than I had in the previous twenty.  GP, surgeon, radiologist, oncologist, and an army of technicians for the multitude of tests, tests, and more tests.  It seemed every time I turned around, there was another appointment with one doctor or two.  Over time, the frequency of visits began to slow down; every three months became every six months (yay!).  Yesterday I met with my surgeon, got a clean bill of health with no sign of cancer, and will only need to see him now on a yearly basis.  Color me happy!!

I had cut the time to get to town a bit short and yesterday it was me speeding through the hills (I didn't pass anybody).  I was forgiven for being six minutes late.  After receiving good news and no need to race home, the drive back was much more enjoyable.

Beau stopped by in the afternoon and brought along one of the nephews who now live with him.  Jeremy has done some work for Camille, liked getting paid, and was looking for another customer.  Cam had given him an A-Plus report.  It seems weed-whacking is his specialty and it's not like I couldn't use some help (make that HELP) here.  We agreed on a wage and a trial run, but I postponed a date until next week.  It's predicted to go triple digit this weekend and I don't want The Kid to fall over in a froth from heat prostration.  While not exactly cool, it's supposed to be better next week.  The weeds aren't going anywhere.

All in all, I'd say it was a better-than-good day.

2 comments:

Emmy said...

Wonderful to hear great medical report

Stay cool, if possible.

Kathryn Williams said...

I'd say you are RIGHT - better than a good day!!