Thursday, June 28, 2018

Smooth(er) Sailing

It all went a lot smoother yesterday as all the critters and I began to settle into the routine.  Honey, Sammi, and Bud Man were happy to see me, but were not frantic as they'd been the day before.  I praised them highly for not barking during the night.  It was the donkeys, who have the run of the property, who had had a snit fit.  They'd knocked over a trash barrel and a wrought iron chair up by the house, and had thrown things around down at the barn.  Having gotten that out of their system, they seemed to take my presence for granted and there was none of the pushing and shoving of the day before.  I was able to cut almost fifteen minutes off chore time and could give Camille a good report when she called (ain't cellphones grand?) when I got home.

Cam called again when she was out of recovery and gave me a good report of her own.  Yay!

Last night was the night of the Strawberry Moon, June's full moon.  I think there are as many names for the moon as there are months.  I know that when I turned out the last light as I crawled into bed, it was as bright outside as if the porch lights were on.

It was a good day.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Aw, I'm so glad it went smoothly for you, the critters, AND Cam!!