Friday, June 29, 2018

Green Eyes

The Green-eyed Monster is alive and well in the animal world.  Cam's dogs are each sure the others are getting more attention.  "Me!  Me first!"  "She got petted more than me!"  Honey is a bit more laid back than the youngsters, and she waits her turn.

It is nothing like the Inquisition I get when I come home.  Bessie Anne gives me a thorough vacuuming to find out just who I'd been with, dogs and donkeys alike.  Cam's cats are aloof and the chickens are not pettable, even were I inclined to chase and catch.  Fortunately, Bess is susceptible to a bribe and that saves me from getting the cold shoulder after her inspection.  Give the girl a treat and all is forgiven.

Today is my last morning on duty as Cam has more volunteers lined up for the weekend.  I'm going to stick with the early morning barn time here.  It's actually been cool while feeding the girls, and I might get some mowing done before it gets hot.  The dadratted star thistle has started to put out its spiky seed thingies, and is as high as my knees now.  I always get thrown for a loop by the weather.  It's either raining or too cold, and then the heat comes blasting in.  Mowing on John D. isn't so much fun so it's easy to put off that chore, but not very productive.

Beau stopped by for an hour or so yesterday just to chat.  He is now Mister Mom for his family and I think he was just craving some adult company.  I remember those days and can sympathize.

No comments: