Friday, January 11, 2019

Blast From The Past

I noted this morning that I have been writing this blog for almost exactly nine years now.  It was fun to go back and read those first efforts.  Not much has changed in all this time.  Less goats, fewer chickens, no sheep, different brother and sister cats, but Bessie Anne and I keep plugging along like we had good sense.  We both move slower these days, but move we do.  Some friends and family have been lost over time, but new friends have filled those vacancies, if not taken their place.  It was such a surprise to read that once upon a time I had not yet met Kit and Tinka; it seems I've always known them.  The same goes for Camille and Arden.  Those two ladies and I are meeting for lunch today to celebrate their late-December birthdays.

I will have lived at Farview for twenty-two years this fall, the longest I've lived anywhere.  Time is such a relative factor.  It flies and drags, stretching on forever and gone in a flash.  Go figure.  Seasons come and go.  Old trees fall and seedlings spring up.  I said it sometimes feels like nothing changes, and yet everything changes all the time.  (A look in the mirror proves that!)

I really appreciate all who read The View, longtime followers and those who pop in for a quick look once in awhile.  There have been readers from ninety-nine(!!) countries, some of which I have no idea where they are (geography has never been my long suit).  It is very rewarding to think Farview Farm is shared around the world.  That is a writer's dream  Thanks for coming along for the ride.

2 comments:

Emmy said...

The pleasure is definitely ours, those of us who read the ups and downs, and follow along. Thank you for your perseverance..and keep well in 2019... it is our daily shot of good reading every morning.

Kathryn Williams said...

It has been SUCH a wonderful journey. I have an ex-sister-in-law to thank for introducing me to The Blog, and I think it might have been February of 2009 when we got to meet, as I had come up to help Tinka start on the plans for her 50th. I have cherished our friendship and love hearing about life away from the hustle and bustle of the big city!