Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Did I Mention...

Did I mention that we had a little rain recently?  Actually, it was more than a little and it came down like water from a fire hose.  I was finally able to get the salt block out of the truck yesterday and this is what I found.  The forty-pound, rectangular block had been reduced by almost half and the pool in the truck bed rivaled the Great Salt Lake.  Oh well, twenty pounds was easier to manage than forty.  The girls were happy, regardless.  Before returning to the house, I backed up Truck to a slope to drain the water.

Dave called last night to find out if I'd learned the results of the most recent tests.  I haven't.  He asked if I was staying warm.  I happened to mention the woodpile is getting a little low and I am in conservation mode, but doing well.  Omigosh, he immediately started making plans to get the Freed Spirits together to come up and split rounds this weekend.  Did I mention he's a pretty great son?

True to form, I went to bed last night planning a menu.  I've decided on white chili, hot, hearty, and the recipe makes a lot.  It's not supposed to rain, but it will still be cold and the guys will need sustenance.  California cold is not New Hampshire cold.  I called my niece yesterday and it is 1 degree back there before factoring in the wind chill..  Brrrr.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Sorry you paid for 40 pounds, but glad you can lift 20. And yay for the Freed Spirits!