Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Normal?

Normal is such a relative term, subject to interpretation, conditions, and change, be it people, weather, or just about anything else.  After that day in the 70s, Nature went back to California winter "normal" and yesterday was chilly enough to warrant a fire.  I fed Stove a healthy helping, but couldn't stick around to enjoy the effect.  I wanted the house warm for Bessie and the cats while I went down to Cameron Park.

I will admit to a certain level of anxiety regarding the results of the most recent tests.  If cancer had shown up in the bone marrow, where else might it be?  Is that new pain or symptom due to age, "normal," or another site of malignancy?  Doctor put my mind at ease immediately upon walking into the room.  "The scans were completely clear."  I am "normal."  Yay!  Being tired and short of breath are signs of the heart arrhythmia that had been found, not to worry.  Doctor did, however, send me back to the infusion center for another round of blood letting.  Needles don't bother me in the least, but I hadn't anticipated being gone so long (takes more than an hour).  Like Dorothy in the "Wizard Of Oz," I wanted to go home!

I didn't dawdle on the way back and made it home before dark.  A couple of pieces of firewood in the coals, the goats and chickens put to bed, and I can honestly say it was a good day.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Oh I'm SOOOO happy for you (except for the arrhythmia of course!!!)