Monday, January 21, 2019

Gee Willikers

Big weather was predicted and big weather we got.  Roaring wind and pounding rain from early morning on, but I did catch a slight break when letting the kids, feathered and hairy, out.  No way was I going to wrestle the salt block down to the pen, however.  The girls would have to eat their alfalfa unseasoned for another day.

It was a good day for football and the playoff games for the Super Bowl were back to back.  Clay and I text back and forth during football and NASCAR, picking our teams and drivers, cheering or razzing as the case may be.  He picked the LA Rams and I had the St. Louis Saints in the first game.  It came down to a tie in the last minutes.  I think he'd agree that a botched call by the referee lost the game for the Saints.  Boo hiss!  Unbelievably, the next game between the Kansas City Chiefs (Clay's pick) and the New England Patriots (my guys) also came down to a tie score.  This time the Patriots came out on top.  Yay!

Not only were both games exciting and tense, during the latter game there was a streaming notice of a tornado warning and that it was coming my way.  Gee willikers, just what we needed.  I thought it was windy before, but nothing like the force that hit us soon after, accompanied by a spell of almost continuous thunder and lightning overhead.  I unplugged the computer, but couldn't make myself turn off the TV when the game hadn't ended.  Priorities, you know.  It didn't last long and we kept power.

The storm seemed to have spent itself after that and we all stayed relatively dry when I put the kids to bed.  I didn't see any immediate damage, but will be better able to assess today when sunshine is predicted.  Fingers crossed.

No comments: