Saturday, January 12, 2019

Friends

Any day is a good day to meet with friends and yesterday was a good day.  Due to unforeseen circumstances, I was running really late getting to the restaurant.  I'd fairly whizzed through the hills, slowing only for a couple of teenage grey squirrels playing chicken in the road.  Fortunately for my self-respect, Cam and Arden had just been seated when I walked in.  We three haven't gotten together much of late and had lots of catching up and laughing to do while attacking large plates of Chinese food.  Chinese restaurants must be the largest purchaser of take-out boxes in the world.  As good as it was, after eating my fill I still brought home enough food for two or three more meals.  After a leisurely lunch, we each had other stops to make (the reason we'd driven separately) and parted company.  Happy birthday, ladies!  The drive home was much calmer.

Sheila, on her own, decided to move in with Tessie in the big room, and Tessie seems to accept her roommate as a friend.  Since both girls have gone on a grain-free diet, there is no need to bring them into the feed/milking room, and it really cuts down on time in the barn.  Let the girls out and in and put food down for Missy in the back stall twice a day and, zip! I'm done.  Strange as it may seem, I miss the close contact of milking.

The dry grasses in the goat pens must be full of some kind of seeds.  At dusk last evening there were, by actual count, forty turkeys "grazing" through the big pen and another thirty over in the vineyard next door.  It's a pretty amazing sight seeing these pedestrian birds in a horde like that.

Thank you, Kit and Emmy, for your words of encouragement in the comments yesterday.  As Stephen King would say, I consider you both my Constant Readers.  Kit and I have known each other for years now.  Emmy and I have never met, but through her comments and an occasional exchange of emails, I feel we have a lot in common.  The blog has given me friends in far places.

A trip to Transylvania (apologies to Bavaria), aka Cameron Park, is on the calendar today.  Vampira awaits.

No comments: