Monday, January 7, 2019

Second Helping

It was another pig-hat day, cold, cold, cold...and wet...and windy.  Highway 50, the main road over the mountains to Tahoe, was closed completely due to whiteout conditions.  I hadn't realized a whole month had gone by, but the goats had their own way of keeping warm and weren't fazed by the weather in the morning.  I had to go around the yard picking up stuff that had been blown hither and thither.  The front porch is again packed with leaves.  Drat.

I think Stove didn't like the cold, either.  He fired up on the first try and kept us all warm-ish.  (I never took off the hat.)  It was a good day to stay inside and watch football.  I wish the Seahawks had won.  Sigh.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

I had a call from your Fiddletown neighbor who said that her dog did NOT want to go out in the elements to go potty. I'm not sure how it all ended!!