Saturday, January 26, 2019

Short List

The list for Helper Dude was getting shorter as he and his worker bees got so much done.  Since I'd not lit a fire for a couple of days, the first thing I asked him to do yesterday was to clean the chimney.  Stove hadn't shown any signs of choking and I wasn't sure the chimney needed it, but it wouldn't hurt to be on the safe side and Dude isn't always available.  Omigosh, there was a ton of creosote when I cleaned out the fire box, as much as I've ever seen.  Talk about good timing!

Next, he fixed a couple of latches on the goat barn door and play yard gate that have been giving me fits.  The barn is old and settling and things are getting out of alignment.  He also changed the recessed bulb in the kitchen.  Let there be light!

HD gave me permission to mention his name.  For anyone in the Fair Play area, Michael Muir is one terrific handyman and I recommend him highly.  He's been helping me out for nearly six years now.  He comes on time, doesn't waste a minute, works hard, and charges a reasonable fee.  There isn't much he can't do.  For instance, Michael had noticed poor Truck's damaged side where he'd been backed into.  Last evening he took Truck back to his place where he had the right tools to pull out the dents.  He brought Truck home after dark so I haven't seen it yet, but I have confidence in Michael.  Maybe Truck won't feel like such a hoopty.

The Kids and crew are coming up today.  I got the white chili made last night and snuck a bowl for my dinner.  I've still got a list of stuff that needs doing before they get here and I'd best get busy.

No comments: