Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Eye Opener

From wake-up to go-to-bed and anytime in between, being of the female persuasion and using the "facilities" in winter is an eye-opening experience.  That seat is cold enough to make you yelp!  The cats always follow me into the bathroom.  I think it provides some form of entertainment for them.  "Ooh, didja see?  She almost jumped off the seat that time!"  No matter how hard Stove tries, there is just no way he can send heat down the hall.  Ah, the joys of country living.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the trees again.  The wind is blowing...I was going to say "up a storm," but that would be redundant.  It is definitely howling and beating against the house.  Bessie's morning outing only took a minute.  So far, so good with the electricity.  Deb and Craig gave me a small LED lantern, better than a hand-held flashlight, just in case.  There will be no dawdling today during barn chores, for sure, and I'll leave the big room open for the girls.

I saw a recipe for miso-glazed salmon that looked so tempting.  I can't remember the last time I bought a piece of salmon, but I did the last time I went to the store.  The fish needed to marinate overnight, so I prepared it yesterday.  I hope it's as good as it looked.  And that the power stays on.  The stove top is propane, but the oven/broiler is electric.  One can hope.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Here's hoping the power does indeed stay on and the toilet seat warms up!