Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Catwalk

I knew there was a possibility that Mike might not work here yesterday and, if he did, it would be only a half-day.  I'm bad about taking "before" pictures, but this is the deck as it is now.  These are the loose boards where Mike does his tightrope act.  He's not the only one.

I knew from the empty bowl that Missy had been taking her meals topside, even with the deck under construction (make that destruction).  Yesterday I saw her carefully picking her way to the backside.  It put a whole new meaning to "catwalk."

This is the backside and the little cat's bowl is around the corner.  What a mess.  As I'd feared, Mike didn't make it back and another whole day was lost.  Ordinarily this wouldn't be a big deal, but the storm is predicted to blow in tonight with snow down to 2,000 feet.  I'm at 2,400.  If that weren't bad enough, a week's worth of rain is to follow.  It's been in the 30s at night and Stove is doing his best.  Note to self:  bring more wood to the porch today.

I made it up to the market and splurged on freshly sliced turkey, not the prepackaged stuff.  I went whole hog and bought an avocado for my Thanksgiving sandwich.  I'll miss the Kids, but I won't go without!

Having gotten "sit" down pat, Michael and I have been working on "down."  He makes me laugh.  It didn't take him long to get the "down" part, but he lies down and then rolls over.  "As long as I'm down here, you might as well rub my belly."

Our evening walk went pretty fast.  A couple of piddles and he was as ready as I to get back to the comfort of Stove.  It was/is cold!

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Glad Michael is a quick learner and that Mike is moving along, even if the storm will slow the progress. I had to laugh when you said you'd stick around while he was there working. Since I know you hate to go to town anyway, I grinned.