Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Day On, Day Off

As is my habit anymore, after a day out with the "girls" or anywhere else, the next day is spectacularly nonproductive.  I did make a run up to Holiday, apologizing to Michael for leaving him alone two days running.  (I think I miss him more than he misses me.)  I only needed a few things so it was a quick trip.  There were just two bags in my cart and I was unlocking the truck when I heard, "Can I help you with that?"  It was a gentleman in the row behind me, unloading his groceries.  "No, thanks, they're not heavy, it's just awkward."  We finished about the same time and I was going to take the cart back to the store.  (It irritates me no end when people leave their carts in a parking space.  I'm crabby that way.)  "At least let me take that for you," as he came across the lot.  I said, "Either I am looking very decrepit these days or people are getting nicer.  You are the third instance lately with an offer of help.  Either way, it's very much appreciated."  "That's the way my mother raised me," tactfully avoiding the first option.  "Well, she did a good job.  Thank you," and we went on our ways.  I'm going to make a judgment call...there are nice people out there.

Lacking the much-needed rain, there has been perfect fall weather this week.  Days in the 70s and chilly nights, not cold enough for a fire, but just right for a lap robe.  Anyone with a cat will recognize what Celeste is doing.  That faraway look while "making muffins," kneading the soft blanket on my lap, is a dead giveaway.  What is she thinking as she self-mesmerizes?  Who knows what a cat is ever thinking?

The garbageman must be new and eager to please.  He was at the winery at 5:30 this morning instead of the usual 6 a.m.  At least I know it's Tuesday and my day to take my stuff down to the big road today.  Michael will finally get a ride in the truck.

1 comment:

Emmy said...

Rain forecasted for two weeks off.
What a dry November
At least we are keeping fires and smoke away