Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Merry-Go-Round

Someone has cranked up the speed on my life's carousel and I'm close to spinning to out of control.  Me, who normally races around at a pace a snail could beat.  Let's see, I called Mouse last Monday.  He came on Tuesday and Wednesday.  Arden came on Thursday.  Mouse and Mike came here on Friday.  I took Saturday off.  The Dynamic Duo were here on Sunday.  Michael and I had to go to town yesterday after blowing a ton of leaves off the deck (still not through with that job because the blower ran out of charge).

Later I got a call from my brother-in-law Stan.  He has been concerned about the situation up here when we are without power and somewhere he's found some marvelous solar gizzy that will charge the cellphone without electricity in either the house or the truck!  He's coming up today, and also bringing lidded buckets I can fill with water and store so I'll be able to flush the toilets.  Believe me, that in itself will be wonderful.  Stan also had plans to bring up a generator and I had to ask him, please, not to do that.  I would never use it...ever...and I can't be more honest than that.  He's got a full schedule today, but he's fitting me in midday, bless him.  He's good company and it's always good to see him.

When Mike told me he was going to start on the deck on Tuesday, I'm not sure now if he meant he was going to start here today or maybe start milling the lumber.  When we shook hands on the deal I had a few seconds' relief of a blank mind before days of panic set in.  Did I do the right thing?  Did I find the right guy?  Did I get enough information?  Etc., etc., etc.  Ah well, in for a penny, in for a pound.

PG&E has sent out messages that they may cut power again, probably tomorrow morning.  Aarrgh!  Stan's visit couldn't be more timely.  I'm ready for my merry-go-round to slow down.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

I saw a solar thingy that charges itself in the sun and then you bring it in and can charge phones and computers...but it was VERY expensive so I didn't mention it. Glad Stan found something. This is getting ridiculous - Tinka told me power might be shut off again in her neck of the woods too. I never even thought about it, but pretending one is camping, and "peeing outside" during the daytime, would work...except it is harder for us gals...especially in senior hood!! Good luck!