Monday, November 25, 2019

Coming Right Along

Mike had planned to take Sunday off, but that one day's delay caused him to change his mind and he worked (and I mean worked) a long day yesterday.  I'd told Mike I get up early so not to worry about his start time.  Ha!  Yes, I get up early, but I sit in my robe until I'm darned good and ready.  It's a good thing I can see the driveway while I'm at the computer because I almost got caught.  I saw Mike's truck and made a mad dash for my clothes and was trying to find the danged strap on my bibbies when the doorbell rang.  I won't make that mistake again.

As with almost any job, there have been glitches.  Pulling off the top boards, he's uncovering more of those rotten joists.  That will add more time to his estimate.  Sigh.  The good news there is that he can fix the problem.  As I told him, my concern is for safety.  It's a wonder no one has gotten hurt here...scary thought...at one corner, it's a fifteen-foot drop!  I even worry about Mike.  As he pulls off the cover boards, he lays a couple of pieces of lumber across those bad joists and it's like watching a tightrope walker as he works his way down the line.  He knows what he's doing.  I just quit watching.  I did tell him I would not leave home while he's here, just in case.  All I could probably do would be to call 911, but I could do that.  I think he's pretty much done with the tear-off, so he's coming right along.  I'm getting excited to see the finished work.

Another who is coming right along is Michael.  He essentially learned "sit" in a day.  We practice all the time and it works.  Okay, maybe it's the treats, but he sits when asked...sometimes before he's asked and looks at the pocket where I keep the goodies.  Who is training who here?

I think Mike is going to work a half-day today.  That will give me a chance to make the truck runs I neglected yesterday.

Six o'clock and still dark.  I'd better get dressed now.

No comments: