Thursday, November 7, 2019

Wake Up Call

Power outage, time change, whatever.  Maybe there is an unannounced infestation of tsetse flies in Fair Play.  All I know for sure is that my circadian rhythm is whacked out.  Poor Michael didn't get to visit Nice Lady yesterday because I was napping.  I'd wake up in the chair, check the time...yup, still time to make it to Mt. Aukum, and go right back to dreamland.  Michael got his walks and all the animals were fed, and that's where my ambition quit on me.  It's not like I have a strict schedule to follow or that I'm going to get demerits for failure to perform (that's a holdover from boarding school), but this is just ridiculous.  I wake up, look around and see what needs doing, and zzzzz again.  I've given myself a stern talking-to and have high hopes for today.  If it doesn't work, I'll be putting in an address change to the Land of Nod (Robert Louis Stevenson).

No comments: