Tuesday, November 5, 2019

In Sync

I've heard there was a boy band called NSYNC (1996), but I've never heard their music (kind of not my thing).  One thing I am not these days is in sync, in fact I am so far out of sync I'll need a road map to find my way back.

It doesn't take much to discombobulate me, and this has been one heck of a week.  No power, then power!  I'd no more than reset the clocks when they changed the time and I had to redo that again.  I'm still trying to adjust to early light, early dark and not being very successful; my sleep patterns are in chaos.  I slept in yesterday and didn't hear the trash truck beep-beeping at the winery next door at 6 a.m. (he is nothing if not punctual).  That's one constant that confirms the time and the day.  He only comes there on Monday and then I know the next day will be Tuesday and Tuesday is my day to take our trash down to the big road.  There's always the question of whether it is just trash or if it's trash and recycle stuff, but I usually guess that right.

Arden came over on Friday as per our routine (that's how I knew it was Friday), but for whatever reason had left her laundry at home.  It still needed washing so she came back yesterday.  Now I'm totally out of whack and wonder if I'll ever get in sync with the "real" world.

Today is Tuesday, not Saturday.  Tuesday is trash day.  Got it!

PS:  Oh crum...I screwed up again.  The trash truck just came to the winery (6 a.m.).  Yes, I stand corrected.  He picks up their trash on Tuesday and ours on Wednesday.  Sigh.  I feel like that commercial with the camel that goes around asking, "What day is it?"

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

I know you USED to be Tuesday, because mine is too and we talked about it being "Belgium!" :-)