Wednesday, January 8, 2020

A Place In The Sun

(A Place In The Sun, 1951, Elizabeth Taylor, Montgomery Clift)
Another cold, cold day.  Celeste and Ralph vied for the bit of morning sun to try to get warm.

Michael spent most of the day in the dog house (figuratively).  He went down the driveway not once, but twice!  He's been so good lately that I thought I could trust him.  I was wrong.  He missed out on the trip to take the trash down to the road.  He knew he'd done wrong and spent the rest of the day in the bedroom in self-imposed exile.

As cold as it was, it's predicted to get even colder so more wood to the porch was in order.  As long as I was doing that, I thought I might as well build a fire.  Stove obliged and it wasn't long before Ralph and Celeste were stretched out by the hearth.  They ended the day the way they began, getting warm.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Wish you could put a "Go Pro" on Michael so you know WHY he is going down the driveway. Is there a cute girl dog down there? Does he stop at the edge of your property? What the heck is he doing? (Reminds me of a Hallmark movie where a reindeer kept getting out - turns out there was a cute female reindeer!!)