Sunday, January 26, 2020

Drip Drip Drip

"Like the drip, drip, drip of the raindrops when the summer shower is through."  (Lyrics to Night And Day, Cole Porter, 1932.)  Okay, it's not summer, but that is the song of the day.

Where is Helper Dude when I need him?  How dare he grow up, get a job, get married and move away without so much as a by-your-leave?  This current rain is the good kind; soft and gentle and no wind.  Here in the dark o' morn, if it weren't for the constant drip, drip, drip from leaf-clogged gutters, I might not even know it was raining.  Helper Dude could have at least left me a brother-in-training to take on some such chores.  I'm going to miss him more when the chimney needs cleaning.

It's a good thing Mike and I conferenced and decided he would hold off on sealing that last section of deck yesterday.  It would have been for naught.  I don't know which of us will be more glad when this job is finished.

Yesterday was filled with cooking shows, horse racing, and catching up on long-overdue paperwork.  Procrastination comes with its own penalties.  It's still January, so maybe it's not too late to make a New Year's resolution.  Hmmm.

Drip.  Drip.  Drip.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Guess what I heard on the radio? "ProcrastiNATION is the biggest NATION there is!" You/we are not alone!!