Thursday, January 16, 2020

Wake-Up Call

Well, that was weird.  I'd written a full paragraph and boop. it was gone!  Gonna be one of those days, I guess.  Ah, well, if at first you don't succeed....

As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted, I have no trouble waking up early without benefit of an alarm clock.  One thing I cannot do is lie abed.  Once the eyes open, I struggle past the sleeping, reluctant cats to get up, slide on those comfy Christmas slippers, and shuffle into the bathroom.  Sitting down in winter in there (being of the female persuasion) is an experience like no other.  WOW!  It's like sitting on an iceberg.  Talk about a wake-up call!  I would rather ease into the day, but with a jump start like that. it's best to get moving.  And so my day begins.

Looking closely at my list, I was able to persuade myself that I could put off the dreaded trip to town for another couple of days.  (I know, I know, there will be a day of reckoning.)  The predicted storm has held off and there is no snow this morning.

The computer is really wonky today.  Rather than lose another segment, I'll finish up so I can fight (or write) another day.

No comments: