Thursday, January 2, 2020

See It, Do It

Does a New Year's resolution count if it isn't started on New Year's Day?  I sure hope so, otherwise I'm in trouble.  Most of yesterday was spent watching the Rose Parade, both live and DVRd, because I was looking for a particular entry.  A friend of mine's son was in it this year and I wanted to tell her I'd seen him.  After the third go-round, I gave up, but the day was shot and I didn't do much besides noshing on KFC.  The Kid's had left me a bucketful, and it's not gone yet.

This year is off to a busy, confusing start.  I have trouble keeping track of the days at the best of times, but neither Mt. Aukum nor the market gave out calendars this year so I don't know which end is up, let alone what day it is.  See it, Do it is being put on hold for the time being.  I am joining Linda for lunch today and I'm not going to miss that.  We don't get together often anymore.  Guess where we're meeting.  Right!  KFC.  I'm starting to check myself for pin feathers.  After that, I have a doctor's appointment, and then I'll stop in at Wally World and pick up a calendar (can I get points for trying?).  Arden will be here tomorrow for our regular Friday get-together, and a washing-machine repairman is coming on Saturday.  That is as far ahead as I can go, after that I fall off the edge of the world.

Michael and I saw deer in the south pasture last evening.  As many years as I've lived here, they never fail to take my breath away.  Michael pays more attention to the happenings down at the winery.  He is that typical nosy neighbor who wants to know what's going on.

I still have visions of a neat, tidy, dust-free house, but the cats are having such fun with their tissue-paper games I'd feel like Scrooge if I deprived them.  Maybe next week, whenever that is.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

I do love, and have, a paper calendar, but I've come to gaze at the calendar built right in my iPhone whenever the need arises. And I try to put entries on both the paper and phone calendars. So very handy.