Wednesday, January 1, 2020

In And Out

Through a set of circumstances, I was awake at midnight last night, playing solitaire on the computer.  As it happened, that was a good thing.  I wasn't the only one awake and, let me tell you, hill people celebrate the New Year big time.  The gunfire started about 9 and went on well past 12.  It was as if the boys (and gals, too) were in a competition from hill to hill.  It started with .22s and moved on up the gauges to .45s, .357s and bigger.  When they got serious, the AKs and/or ARs came out.  It sounded like WWIII!  If I'd been asleep, it would have been more than a little scary.  As it was, I could only hope they were sober enough to realize that those bullets had to land somewhere.  They definitely ushered out 2019 and welcomed the new decade in with a bang!

Twenty-twenty is off to a great start.  I've already received calls from my daughter and a school chum from years ago.  Consequently, I'm behind the eight ball with this entry in the new year, priorities, you know.

I wish everyone "health, wealth, and time to enjoy them!"  Cheers!

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

CHEERS...right back attcha!