Saturday, January 25, 2020

Old Tricks

Nature is up to her same old tricks again, and I can't say I care much for her sense of humor.  After several days of good weather, Mike was due to finish the deck yesterday.  So what did the old girl do?  She made it rain the night before so Mike had to postpone (can't seal wet wood).  He said if the sun came out, he'd reschedule for today.  The sun came out, but more rain is due tonight.  The sealer has to dry to be effective.  I anticipate another postponement.  Nature knows how much I want this project over and done with and she's just plain mean.

The computer gremlins were being cranky this morning, not allowing me access to files.  I know how to deal with them.  A couple of normal shutdowns didn't do it, so I temporarily cut off their supply of electricity.  Ta da!

It occurred to me that Missy was eating an inordinate amount of food for such a little cat.  I've been filling her bowl every morning with the same amount of kibble that it takes Ralph and Celeste two days to empty.  Missy ought to be waddling around like a baby hippo.  I heard noises on the deck the other day and went to check.  Steller's jays had discovered the outdoor buffet and were helping themselves.  If the jays start purring, I'll know why.  Once upon a time we were plagued with raccoons that were eating the cat food.  I'll settle for the birds, and I'm sorry I blamed Missy of gluttony.

Michael is on to Celeste's tricks.  She headed toward his favorite bed again last night.  Michael saw her and pushed her out of the way to get there first.  I swear I saw that dog smirk.

No comments: