Saturday, January 18, 2020

Change Partners

Friday seems to have become my day for company.  Usually it's Arden, but one of her grandchildren was home from college and she didn't want to miss time with her so she was a no-show yesterday.  I'd told Camille that I had recorded the last Democratic debate and she wanted to see it, and yesterday was the day.  It's been quite a while since Cam has visited.  She brought Honey, her big German shepherd, who has been here many times in the past, but had not met Michael.  The dogs did the usual meet-and-greet ceremony.  Michael was polite, but not interested.  Honey was disappointed that he didn't want to play, but he curled up by my feet in protection mode and declined her invitations.  Cam had suggested Michael might like to come to her place for a play date with her dogs.  Hmmm.  Michael doesn't seem to have much play in his repertoire.

If I hadn't seen it, I might not have believed it had snowed the day before.  Every vestige was gone by daybreak.  Now that's the way to have winter.

It was good to spend time with my friend.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

I'm so glad that Cam was able to come...and Michael is so baffling to me in that he doesn't "play." Oh well, he has so many other great qualities!!