Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Stumbling

Gung ho! turned into oh no! yesterday when I opened a notice from the mortgage company and discovered the new insurance policy had raised my house payment by an exorbitant amount this year.  Deemed a high-fire area here, California Fair was the only insurance I could get and, believe me, there is nothing "fair" about it.

It was a huge stumbling block in the way of my plan of taking even baby steps in progress because I spent most of the day talking back and forth between companies, at one point even having the companies talking to each other.  There does not appear to be a way out of this dilemma.  It was/is a nightmare.

Michael is a blessing in so many ways.  I might have felt like pulling the covers over my head, but Michael needed walks, so out we went.  He snooped on the neighbors, we watched and listened to the birds, and got some exercise and fresh air.  Even though he walks on a leash, I know he likes to race me (ha! can you see me "racing?") back to the house, so I've begun unclipping his lead when we get to the front walkway and telling him, "I'm gonna beat you today, Michael!"  He takes off like a shot, turning when he gets to the porch to watch me stumbling up the path, and he grins.  Everybody needs a win now and then.  This photo was taken as we stepped out the door for our last walk of the day.  It's a winner.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Such a sad, sad state of affairs...that is totally out of your control! Bummer!