Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Attitude

They say attitude is everything.  Hmmm.  Okay, I can go with that.  Instead of saying I had a do-nothing day, I'm changing that to having an "intermission."  Doesn't that sound better?  It implies I might actually get back to doing something.  I suppose several days of intermission could be called a vacation.  It's all in the terminology...or the attitude.

I've been going to bed and instead of counting sheep, I've been berating myself for all the things I didn't do during the day and, believe me, it's a pretty long list.  With an attitude adjustment, I can change that to a list of accomplishments, a much shorter list to be sure, but hopefully one that will send me to sleep smiling.  After all, even on a do-nothing an intermission day, some little chores get done.

One thing I'm really going to have to work on is my attitude regarding going to town.  That's a real toughie.  I can't promise I'm going to skip lalala out to the truck instead of dragging my feet, but I can try to work up some enthusiasm.  Calling it Michael's Day Trip might help.

Yesterday was an intermission.

No comments: