Friday, June 19, 2020

All's Well

Good friends are better than gold, and I'm a rich, rich woman.  I put in a call to Go-To.  "Houston, we have a problem," and explained the water (or lack thereof) situation.  "Could be a break in the line," he said.  "I'll be there."  He's a very busy man and I hated to add to his burden.  He's never failed to come to my rescue.

George had said he'd found a great deal on peaches and he'd be bringing me some.  "Some" turned out to be a lug (about 17 pounds!) of beautiful, rosy, perfectly ripe fruit.  In addition, there were so many bags of "deals" that we needed the wagon to get them to the house...everything from cereal to shallots and everything in between.  If George ever needed a job, I would highly recommend him as a personal shopper.  He saved me from that which I detest, going to the store, for a month or more.

We sat on the porch to talk.  I so enjoy that man's company, and I'm grateful for his time.  In addition, he was able to get my cellphone to ring again.  I had been doing the right thing, but not forcefully enough.  I'd been afraid I'd break something, although I was ready to throw the phone against the wall.

Go-To drove up.  Wouldn't you know, like a tooth that stops hurting just when you go to the dentist, Go-To checked the pressure tank, didn't have to do anything, turned on the water and it gushed like Niagara Falls.  ???  "Could have been this, could have been that, but it's working now."  Honest, I hadn't made it up.  He rushed off to rescue the next in line.

Michael had been so excited (as excited as Michael gets) to see his friend, and it wasn't because George always brings him treats.  I told George that Michael has made me so happy in so many ways, lately because, like Bessie Anne, he has started following me from room to room.  "I think he likes me!"

While there might have been time to go get the tests done after George left, I had lost incentive to go to town in the afternoon.  Never do today that which can be put off until tomorrow...that's my motto.  It had been such a good day.

I know what I'll be doing today...there are all those peaches to peel, bag up, and freeze everything that doesn't go into a pie.  Fresh peach pie...yum!

All's well that ends well.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: