Thursday, June 11, 2020

Boats And Trains

When it comes to making changes, Duke Ellington would advise me to "Take The A Train" (1941) as the fastest way to get there.  I'm more of a "Slow Boat To China" (1948) kind of gal, especially when the temperature soars as it did yesterday.  It seemed a good day to do laundry for starters while contemplating just what and how I want to change.  Some time ago the clotheslines actually disintegrated (a job for tall people), so I'm having to use the dryer.  When I was in town at WallyWorld, I asked for help finding clothesline.  I got that "you have two heads" look again.  "Clothes...line?"  "Yes, you know, to hang clothes on."  "Well, there might be some down by the irons."  I doubt she'd ever used one of those, either.  They sell clothespins, but no clothesline.  Sigh.  One thing about using the dryer, you have to stay on top of things and take everything out right away or the clothes wrinkle and you have to start all over again.

While waiting for the buzzer to sound, I started watching recordings of Downton Abbey, one of my all-time favorite series.  I've seen it so many times, it's like greeting old friends again.  Out of the corner of my eye, I saw one of the Robert the Raider clan (too young to be Robert) creeping along the deck.  I got the last laugh this time as I have not put any plants, aka squirrel fodder, back out there.  I'll admit to the evil thought that he might run into Missy, but she evidently was off somewhere else.

Michael is taking this shedding business seriously.  I brushed another puppy-size ball of fluff again yesterday.  He seems to enjoy the process, but inevitably rolls over so I can rub his tummy and it all comes to a halt.  Oh well.  I live to serve.

One more day of heat and then a near twenty-degree drop is predicted.  Can't come soon enough for me.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: