Saturday, June 6, 2020

Another Dog

With the heat of last week, I've really been concerned about Michael's thick coat.  Was I doing the right thing in not having him clipped for summer?  My worries were allayed yesterday when I discovered that Michael and Nature are in charge of the situation.  I brush him regularly, not necessarily for grooming, but to make sure no stickers are stuck in there after our walks.   Michael doesn't deal well with pain.  He may not bark, but let a toenail get caught in his fur and he screams!  I sure didn't want to to let a foxtail burrow in.  I started brushing him yesterday and was shocked to find the slicker brush clogged with fur after just a couple of passes.  He was shedding big time!  By the time I was finished with the chore, I had a chubby chihuahua's worth of fur.  If I'm going to have another dog, at least this one doesn't require feeding.  By Michael's own volition, he has a summer 'do.'

There was a good twenty-degree drop in the temperature yesterday, and I still couldn't mow.  The weather change was due to a much-appreciated strong delta breeze.  I'm a bigger wuss than Michael and couldn't deal with the thought of all that chaff blowing in the wind.  Maybe today.

Between the virus, the murders, and the protests, I struggle to keep my (strong) opinions to myself.  It may be the time, but this is not the place to voice them.  I've got to wean myself from all-day news.  It's breaking my heart.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: