Monday, June 1, 2020

Ghost Dog

Michael is the strangest dog I've ever known.  I continue to wonder if his characteristics and demeanor are the result of training or his natural personality.  I know he has a voice, but to this day I've never heard him bark.  Yesterday a young, fairly large dog on the loose came to visit.  He came right up to the screen door.  Michael didn't sound the alarm.  The two dogs were nose to nose through the screen.  He never barks when a truck or car drives up.  He's interested, but that's about it.  He moves through the house like a wraith.  He can be lying right beside me and I never hear him leave.  Sometimes he'll shake his head and rattle his tags in another room and that's the only way I know he's gone.  He even walks quietly, almost stealthily.  I feel like I've been given a gold star if I get a little kissy on my hand.  That's about as enthusiastic as he gets.  I'm not complaining, believe me.  It's just that he is so different that it's noteworthy.  PS:  Michael darn near dehydrated himself on our walks as he re-marked his territory.

Today is absolutely the day.  Today I will mow, before the weather window slams shut.  Yesterday I got caught up in the news of the protests and riots...and there is a difference.  I understand and sympathize with the one, but will never comprehend the other.  These are strange, frightening times we're living in now.

Stay safe.  Be well.

4 comments:

Kathryn Williams said...

I, also, have never heard of a dog that does not use his voice. He sounds like an old soul that walks on 2 feet, but in the body of a furry four-legger!!!

LOCKSMITHS ANDERSON said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LOCKSMITHS ANDERSON said...

Locksmiths Anderson

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.