Tuesday, June 23, 2020

As Good As It Gets

Well, for a dreaded trip to town, this one wasn't too bad.  Traffic was light, I'd hit the sun/shadow thing just right, and the A/C was welcome on another hot day.  First stop, the local lab.  (Didn't have to go down to Cameron Park, another plus.)  Michael and I hot-footed it across the parking lot; in this case, not a joke.  It's got to be painful for my little guy on hot pavement.  Everyone in masks, hand sanitizer everywhere, and we were the only ones in the large waiting room for a short wait.  I had a moment's pause when the young (very young) gal explained that she was a student and would it be okay if she drew my blood or did I want someone more experienced.  Hmmm.  I had a flashback to when I was pregnant with my first child and had to go for a blood test.  A very large, 6'5" or better, man came out, muscles bulging, and that rubber tube tie-thing hanging from his mouth.  Ohmigosh, I thought, he'll probably just tear off my arm to get the blood.  Honestly, I never felt a thing, he was that good.  You don't forget the good ones, and I've certainly had experience with the other kind.  I think yesterday's little cookie was more nervous than I as she explained every step (not my first rodeo).  Neither of us needed to worry, this gal has a good future as a phlebotomist, and I told her so.

Michael and I made a couple of quick stops.  I decided I didn't need anything so bad that we'd have to go to WallyWorld and we got the heck out of Dodge.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: