Saturday, April 2, 2016

April Fooled Me

"You think you're going visiting and have a good time today?  I'll show you," said April.  I'd awakened with a migraine headache, but thought I could catch it early and soldier on.  I did get the sink unplugged, the pie baked, a load of laundry done, and the chickens fed and goats milked before I cried uncle.  Cleaning stalls was beyond my capabilities yesterday, it just was.  Migraines affect my vision and driving wasn't a good idea.  Weighing my options, reluctantly I called Tinka to say I was definitely going to miss lunch with her, Kit, Earlene, and Tinka's daughter whom I've not yet met, but I'd try to make it later in the day.  Well, that didn't happen.  I am ill so seldom that I don't know how to act.  Approaching a state of catatonia, I didn't do anything I wanted or needed to do for the rest of the day.  It was a perfectly beautiful day, and I could hear April sniggering as I missed the whole thing.

Fortunately, migraines last only so long and today is a much better day.  I missed the window of opportunity to see my friend Kit on her once a year or every-other-year visit.  Ratchafratch.  April did a number on me, for sure.  The stalls await.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

You were so missed! Hope your Sunday was wonderful!