Tuesday, March 14, 2017

A Little Effort

(Nope.  Not yet.  Five still feels like four, but I'm trying.)

Avoidance sometimes takes a bit of effort.  It's not always easy to find something you might like to do so you can put off that which you do not.  I was lucky yesterday.  The spectre of dust had raised it's ugly head again and my dislike of dusting is well known.  What to do, what to do?  Bess Anne came in just then, bringing her daily contribution of dead leaves from the deck.  I swear that dog's coat is not fur, but Velcro.  Leaves, burrs, stickers, twigs; she's an equal-opportunity collector.  However, in this case she solved my dilemma.  We've finally had enough sunny days in a row to dry out the mountains of soggy leaves that had fallen out there.  That leaf blower was a good investment.  There were so many leaves, especially in corners, that I had to recharge the battery once in order to finish the job.  It was a perfect afternoon to be outside, sunny but not hot, just the way I like it, and it was very satisfying to start and finish a task (that wasn't dusting).

Maybe I'll get lucky again today.  Or not.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Ah, today you should be baking at least ONE pie...as it is Pi Day! 3.14!! I know how you love to bake pies!! Yum