Monday, March 13, 2017

Inside/Out

(Clock said 6, felt like 5.)

Lil' Engine, the almond tree, is full of fading blossoms.  The flowering banner has been taken up by the plums in both the front and side orchards.  Even the peach is giving a wave, but isn't quite ready to join the parade.  Sure makes our morning walkabout a pleasure.

Being committed to watching NASCAR races has its drawbacks on days when the weather is so nice I'd rather be outside than in.  Yes, I could DVR the event, but it's just not the same.  Since Tony Stewart retired, Dave was without a favorite driver.  I was so pleased to learn that he has joined me in rooting for Clint Bowyer.

One of the more difficult adjustments for me to make with the time change is fixing dinner before putting the goats to bed.  With the naturally longer days, going into the barn at 5:30-6 left plenty of time afterward to prepare and eat a meal.  Were I to wait until after 7 last night to start dinner, I might as well take my plate to bed and eat there.  Sigh.

Inside or out, it was a good day.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Alarm said 6...felt like 5 here too. First time I'd had to set that alarm since Jan. 4...what a shock when it went off - I was not finished with my dream!