Monday, March 6, 2017

Not Chocolates

Forrest Gump would have been happy with yesterday's changeable weather.  Nearly every hour brought another surprise, but I think I'd have preferred chocolates.  Just this much snow was enough to fill the satellite dishes for computer and television, and it continued to snow for another hour.  I'd barely finished writing in the dark o' morn when the computer quit computing.  It being NASCAR Sunday, I could only hope the TV would show me more than a black screen later.

Neither goats nor chickens were happy with that cold white stuff, and I took my time going into the pens lest I slip and fall.  And then, while milking, the sun came out and it was a really pretty scene.  Best, the television was talking to me when I got back to the house.  I fed Stove and settled in to watch the race.

The sky darkened and it began to hail and continued to drop pellets until the deck looked almost the same as it had in the morning.  Fortunately, hail does not stick to the dishes.  Not long after this, it began to rain and there was thunder and lightning.

I took advantage of another spell of sunlight to put the kids to bed early.  Halfway to the barn, don't you know it started hailing again?

It's snowing this morning.  You just never know what you're going to get.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Wow, I don't remember hearing that your weather in one day was so mercurial! Mother Nature is having fun playing games.