Friday, March 10, 2017

Goofy

Another day of beautiful weather had me actually hunting for things to wash just for the pleasure of hanging stuff on the line.  As much as I needed and used that goofy pig hat Dave gave me, it's nice not to have to wear it now.

Ralph is such a goofball cat.  He has claimed mornings with me as his own.  As rough-and-tumble as he gets later in the day, in the morning when I'm at the computer he reaches over from the bed and puts a paw on my shoulder with a cloud-like touch.  I'll swivel around and he climbs onto my lap, which is where he is now.  That makes it a bit awkward to type, but, hey, when a guy wants to cuddle....  Ralph will also come in the middle of the night and ask to go into the cat cave.  He curls up under the blanket by my belly and gives his version of a purr.  The noise he makes is more like a snork and even half-asleep, he makes me smile.  Celeste will be minding her own business and Ralph, getting bored, will go sit on her head.  He knows full well that it irritates her and the chase is on, exactly what he wanted.  Celeste has her own charm, but I get such a kick out of my goofy boy cat.

I'm going on an adventure today.  I'm off to the wilds of Orangevale to visit Pete.  I can't remember the last time I was on that side of the valley.  Let's face it, I only go to Sacramento once or twice every year or two.  Long gone are the days when I drove for a living.  Part of the adventure of this trip will just be getting out of the hills, what with potholes and sinkholes everywhere.  Bess and I went to fill Truck's gas tank and there were a couple of new big holes near Mt. Aukum.  I saw on FB today that a sinkhole opened up in downtown Fair Play last night.  Fair Play consists of The Pub, the Winery By The Creek, and the defunct hardware store, a bustling metropolis by any account, and I foresee big traffic jams ahead.

I'm going to try and restrain myself from commenting on the upcoming time change.  In my opinion, it's just plain goofy to keep this archaic ritual.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

As much as I like the added sunshine at the end of the day, I agree with you. If we just wait long enough the days will get longer by themselves (Well, the amount of sunlight). But that's not as important as your trip to Pete's. How exciting - hope it was fantastic and didn't take you too long on but wild and wooly freeways.