Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Over The Rainbow

There's nothing like a rainbow for an attitude adjustment, and that was just what I needed yesterday to cure my case of the crankies.  The sun was out on my way to the barn.  Tessie had survived the rainy night and was lying close to the warmth of the wall with Esther on the other side.  The whole system went cattywampus when Tessie, usually the last, demanded to come in first and nobody came in in order after that because it started raining and either everybody wanted in or no one wanted to come out.  "Not my circus, not my monkeys" doesn't work for me because it is my circus.

It was a brief cloudburst and on my way back to the house, this was my view.  How's that for a spirit lifter?
I couldn't decide which shot I liked better, so I'm throwing them both in.  I'm rather partial to this bucolic scene with the old tractor (the bucket is to keep rain out of the exhaust pipe).

Good old Truck passed his smog check as he had the brake and light inspection, with flying colors.  I took the time to do some grocery shopping and then dropped off the old license plates at DMV (not my favorite place).  It began raining again and rained all the way home.  Happily, it stopped before I had to unload Truck and the day stayed sunny the rest of the afternoon.

With Truck's ordeal behind us, it's easier to look ahead with a positive attitude.  All in all, it was a good day.

2 comments:

Emmy said...

Very glad it ended well



With rainbows...who could ask for more than that....
And now promise of good spring weather....and days are getting longer, so is no so dark, when we get up so early.

Kathryn Williams said...

Glorious pictures...so hard to catch the ethereal spectrum!