Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Break Time

Man, oh man, I need a break.  I've got to get something done around here and the smoke just saps my energy day after day.  With the best of intentions, I end up sitting like a bump on a log gasping like a fish out of water and little to nothing gets done.  The big deal yesterday was getting the trash down to the big road.  Whoop whoop.  At least Bess and I got the benefit of the A/C for a little while.  (Would you like a little cheese with that whine?)

Inga is still hanging in there.  It scared me when I found her lying down in her stall in the morning.  With some gentle urging, she did get up and go outside, but she had no interest in breakfast.  I've seen it happen in the past, but it hurts my heart when an old goat gets bullied.  I had a long talk with Sheila yesterday, but I doubt it did any good.  I wish the old girl's last days could be spent in peace.  It just doesn't work that way.  Even when the "herd" is down to two, Sheila intends to be queen.

 I go to sleep and wake up again with the taste of smoke in my mouth.  Looking out this morning, I can see we're not going to get a break today.  Sigh.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Oh man, I'm SO sorry...about the smoke AND about Inga!