Thursday, August 23, 2018

Poleaxed

Lost time is just that, gone for good, and most of yesterday was lost.  It's very unusual for me not to sleep well, but the night before I'd been up nearly every hour on the hour.  There were all sorts of chores lined out for the day and I'd even gotten a start on a few, but then decided to have a sit-down and that was that.  It was as if I'd been poleaxed, I went out so fast and so hard.  Cam called twice, the phone is right beside my chair, and I never heard it.  One cannot make up for lost time, but evidently one can make up for lost sleep.

A day spent napping results in a blog-fodder diet with mighty slim pickings to offer.  Since I've not been bitten by a tsetse fly, I'll stay awake and try to do better all around today.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

I've had days when I've lost the whole afternoon. Hope it works better for you today!!