Saturday, August 11, 2018

Progress

Let's face it, I'm doomed.  I did make some progress yesterday, but slowly and not nearly enough.  Waking up at 3 a.m., to-do lists whirling through my head, only served to get me down to the barn earlier.  I almost took a picture of the sky on the way back to the house.  There was nothing there, nothing but blue overhead.  Thick blanket of smoke over the valley and haze to the east, but true blue sky above.  It's been so long since I've seen that.  It didn't last.  Trudging along, some things did get done in the house, but then heat and smoke descended, everything came to a screeching halt, and I took refuge in my escape; sleep.

I was still napping when Arden arrived for a visit.  Nothing like a groggy hostess, I always say.  We usually chat in the kitchen, but yesterday that would have been unkind (the kitchen is the hottest room in the house).  There is a window A/C and a ceiling fan in the dining room, so I moved us in there for some relief and we did have a lovely visit.  It's always good to spend time with my friend.

I'll see what progress I can make this morning, but I guess the fellas will have to take me as I am.  If they weren't kind, they wouldn't be coming up in the first place, right?

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Right! I don't think guys care. I bet they just want to help and then get food!